Thursday, February 9, 2012

God's Purpose for MEEEEE!

I feel like I'm in this transient phase right now and I'm really unsure of what God's purpose for me is here in the Bay. Before moving up to the bay, I was so excited to see what God had in store for me. It was going to be a new experience and one of the biggest changes of my life - being more than 2 hours away from my family. One of the reasons I felt like God was leading me up to the Bay had to do with my relationship with my mom. Our relationship has always been more of a boss and a slave rather than a mother and daughter. I knew how to show my mom that I loved her through the ways that I served her and ran her errands, but I wasn't sure how to show her I loved her with the love of Christ. Moving further away was the perfect opportunity to show her that I'm an AWESOME daughter because now I can call her to tell her I miss her and my time at home are treasured moments because of my infrequent visits. One of the coolest things God has blessed me with was the opportunity to share the Gospel with my mom one weekend afternoon during lunch. For the first time, she listened to what I had to say and we didn't get into a whole religious debate about God. That moment was a snapshot of the bigger scrapbook of God's plan for me and my family. :)

But in terms of my own life, I'm still struggling to figure out the part that I'm playing here in the Bay. All I know for now is that whatever my purpose, God is going to use me to usher His Kingdom here. I just need to be available and prepared for it!

Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Bring it on, Jesus.

Pray for Prop 8 and our country.

1 comment: